In general, the best way to get a price for your sash windows is to arrange an appointment with one of our surveyors. It’s a totally free, no-obligation service and basically means that someone will come over to your property, talk over the work and measure your windows. Once the surveyor has a good idea of the scope of the work and your individual requirements, he will create an estimate and send it over to you. If you’d like to explore multiple options on repair or replacement, please feel free to tell your surveyor and he’ll be able to accommodate you.
Alternatively, if your time is limited, you could measure the window yourself and send us over the details. One of our staff would be happy to prepare you a quotation based on these details, but we do ask that you bear in mind that any estimate based on a client’s measurements should be considered guideline until we firm up the costing with measurements of our own. Please click here to download a guide to help you accurately measure your sash windows.
If you’re just looking for a rough costing, you can click this link to head to our online estimator. This does not require that you enter any measurements and gives ‘ball park’ prices.
The cost of a Sash Window can vary considerably depending on your specification. For example, certain things that will raise the cost are:
- Going for hardwood over softwood. Typically hardwood costs 30% more.
- Complex designs or curved boxes / sashes.
- Security glass or additional security fittings.
- Having all windows opening. If the windows in question are right next to each other (for example, on a bay window) you needn’t necessarily have them all open. You can get the ventilation you require from opening one window, and the rest could remain fixed – saving you money on materials and labour.
- The type of replacement. For instance, ‘sash-only’ replacements are cheaper than ‘full box’ replacements.
- The type of repair – obviously, more extensive repairs will cost more than less extensive repairs.
- We can occasionally get windows delivered in just a few weeks, but this depends fully on how busy our factory is, and this must be discussed on a case by case basis. If you require your windows in short order, there may be an additional cost.
To help you get a better idea of what your windows will look like, you can click here to download some generic technical documents. Even if your design is slightly different to what is pictured, the main proportions of the window will not change, so you can use this document to derive what your particular style will look like.