Due to the government’s energy saving initiative, sash window draught proofing has a lower rate of VAT (5%). We offer a flat price of £350 (+5% VAT) for this service, which may rise depending on the size of the window in question.
Occasionally, your sash windows don’t necessarily need to be replaced. On these occasions we could carry out a draught proof to make sure they’re snug in their frames and operating smoothly. Sash window draught proofing can be a great service if you don’t necessarily want to pay for new replacements or if you live in a historic building or conservation area.
Sash Window Draught Proofing vs Replacement
Depending on the condition of your windows, our surveyor may advise replacement. Occasionally we’ve been asked to repair sash windows that were literally falling apart, and on those occasions it just makes more sense to replace. If our guys need to remove portions of your window and then build new ones to replace them with, there’s a good chance we’ll need to charge you more on labour than would make it a financially sound decision. While replacements are a bigger initial expense, they’re guaranteed for much longer and are more effective due to their recent manufacture.
Generally speaking the draught proofing service is great for people who live in historic buildings or conservation areas, or those who are looking for a minor spruce up. If your windows are structurally sound but in need of a little TLC then the service can be a great fit for you.
You Should Draught Proof Your Windows If:
- They are structurally sound.
- They are rattling in the frame.
- You notice a draught coming through the window.
- If your windows are single glazed and no condensation appears on cold days. Condensation appears when the interior temperature is higher than the exterior temperature, so not having condensation on single glazing could mean that the windows are poorly draught sealed.
Full Rundown Of The Sash Window Draught Proofing Service
- Full dismantlement and re-assembly of sash window to ensure smooth operation
- Supply & fit new staff & parting beads
- Draught seal window with Aquatex Weatherseal System
- Replace existing cords with white, waxed cotton sash cord (nylon core)
- Touch up Only of any installation marks with RAL9016 (or customer supplied paint)