In some cases, there’s no need to replace the box frame. In these cases, our sash replacement service could be useful to you. Essentially we’ll try to save you some money and just restore your current frame while we replace just the sliding sashes. This will leave you with brand new sashes with very similar heat retention / noise exclusion as a brand new box might have.
Full Rundown of the Sash Replacement Service:
- Remove & dispose of all staff & parting beads.
- Remove & dispose of existing single glazed sashes.
- Burn of heavy paint from all woodwork – box frames, hardwood sills, architrave, bull nose sills and window boards.
- Sand down all of the above woodwork.
- Carry out any necessary box and timber repairs, splice in new timber where necessary & fill all cracks with epoxy resin.
- Once resin is dry, re-sand all woodwork.
- Supply & fit 4 x new wheeled pulleys.
- Prime all woodwork with Teknos micro-porous base primer.
- Supply & fit new double glazed top & bottom sash – sashes will be manufactured from engineered, finger jointed laminated timber and be preservative & fungicide treated.
- Sashes will be spray primed with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous base primer and spray finished with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous aqua top coat – Standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White’. Wide range of alternative colours are available on request.
- Standard double glazed units will comprise of 4mm float glass, a 12mm cavity filled with 90% Argon gas/ 10% air, white warm edged thermal super spacers and 4mm Guardian ClimaGuard low emissivity glass. Other glazing options are available on request.
- New lead weights or spiral balance springs (where applicable) will be supplied & fitted.
- Sashes will be hung on white waxed cotton sash cords.
- New staff & parting beads will be supplied & fitted with draught seals.
- Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white) will be fitted to staff beads.
- Aquatex D slot weatherseal (white) will be fitted to parting beads & meeting rails.
- All woodwork – box frames, hardwood sills, architrave, bull nose sills and window boards will be decorated with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous top coat.
- New sashes will be decorated with 1 extra coat of Teknos micro-porous top coat in-situ.
- New polished chrome or polished brass hardware will be supplied & fitted comprising of: 1 x locking sash fastener, 2 x sash lifts, 2 x D handles & 2 x security sash restrictors
- All work areas will be fully protected and vacuumed each evening.
- All glass and work areas will be cleaned on completion.
- All rubbish will be removed from site on completion.
If you like the sound of our Sash Replacement service, why not get a price with our Online Estimating Tool?