A Full Restoration is the most comprehensive repair we offer. For those customers who are very attached to their old sash windows, or for those who would rather save some money and carry out extensive repairs instead of replacements.
Full Rundown of the Full Restoration Service:
- Remove & dispose of all staff & parting beads.
- Dismantle sashes
- Burn off heavy paint from all woodwork – sashes, box frames, hardwood sills, architrave, bull nose sills and window boards.
- Sand down all of the above woodwork.
- Carry out any necessary sash, box and timber repairs, splice in new timber where necessary & fill all cracks with epoxy resin.
- Once resin is dry, re-sand all woodwork.
- Supply & fit 4 x new wheeled pulleys.
- Prime all woodwork with Teknos micro-porous base primer.
- All woodwork will be painted with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous base primer.
- Add-on lead weights (where applicable) will be supplied & fitted to counterbalance sashes.
- Sashes will be hung on white waxed cotton sash cords.
- New staff & parting beads will be supplied & fitted with draught seals.
- Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white) will be fitted to staff beads.
- Aquatex D slot weatherseal (white) will be fitted to parting beads & meeting rails.
- All woodwork – box frames, hardwood sills, architrave, bull nose sills and window boards will be decorated with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous top coat. Standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White”. Additional paint colours must be provided by client.
- New sashes will be decorated with 1 extra coat of Teknos micro-porous top coat in-situ.
- New polished chrome or polished brass hardware will be supplied & fitted comprising of: 1 x locking sash fastener, 2 x sash lifts, 2 x D handles & 2 x security sash restrictors
- All work areas will be fully protected and vacuumed each evening.
- All glass and work areas will be cleaned on completion.
- All rubbish will be removed from site on completion.
Our Full Restoration service starts at £1080 for a simple sash window design and goes up slightly depending on the complexity of the design. Feel free to give our office a call for a costing, or use our Online Estimating Tool.