A Full Box Replacement is our most complete replacement of a sash window in which the entire window, including the box frame, is replaced. This is in contrast to the ‘sash replacement’ service in which just the sliding sashes are replaced, or the repair services like draught proofing or full restoration.
Full Rundown of the Full Box Replacement Service:
- Remove & dispose of existing box frames & sashes.
- Supply & fit new box frame with double glazed top & bottom sashes – New box &
sashes will be manufactured from engineered, finger jointed laminated timber and be
preservative & fungicide treated.
- Box frames & ashes will be spray primed with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous base primer and spray finished with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous aqua top coat – Standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White’. Wide range of alternative colours are available on request.
- Standard double glazed units will comprise of 4mm float glass, a 16mm cavity filled with 90% Argon gas / 10% air, white warm edged thermal super spacers and 4mm Guardian ClimaGuard low emissivity glass. Other glazing options are available on request.
- New lead weights or spiral balance springs (where applicable) to be supplied & fitted.
- Sashes to be hung on white waxed cotton sash cords.
- Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white) will be fitted to sides of top & bottom sashes, top of top sash and bottom of bottom sash.
- Aquatex D slot weatherseal (white) will be fitted to meeting rails.
- New architrave will be supplied & fitted
- New bull-nose sills or window boards will be supplied & fitted.
- All surrounding interior plasterwork will be made good where necessary. Paintwork on surrounding interior walls will be touched up where plasterwork has been made good. *Wall paint must be supplied by client.
- New windows will be pointed on the exterior using the traditional sand & cement method. *Silicone sealant will only be used if requested by client.
- New box frames and sashes will be decorated with 1 extra coat of Teknos micro-porous top coat in-situ.
- New polished chrome or polished brass hardware will be supplied & fitted comprising of: 1 x locking sash fastener, 2 x sash lifts, 2 x D handles & 2 x security sash restrictors
- All work areas will be fully protected and vacuumed each evening.
- All glass and work areas will be cleaned on completion.
- All rubbish will be removed from site on completion.
If you like the sound of our Full Box Replacement service, why not get a price with our Online Estimating Tool?