For some customers, cost is the ultimate priority. For this reason we offer our Draught Proofing service – what we consider to be the bare minimum level of service required to have a significant effect on your sash windows. Essentially, this service will make your windows fit snugly and move freely within their openings
Full Rundown of the Draught Proofing Service:
- Remove & dispose of all staff & parting beads.
- Dismantle sashes
- Carry out any necessary sash repairs & fill all cracks with epoxy resin.
- Once resin is dry, sand woodwork.
- Prime all bare timber with Teknos micro-porous base primer.
- Add-on lead weights (where applicable) will be supplied & fitted to counterbalance sashes. *Allow an additional sum of £10-£15 for add-on weight per window.
- Sashes will be hung on white waxed cotton sash cords.
- New staff & parting beads will be supplied & fitted with draught seals.
- Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white) will be fitted to staff beads.
- Aquatex D slot weatherseal (white) will be fitted to parting beads & meeting rails.
- New and bare timber sections will be decorated with Teknos micro-porous standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White”. *Additional paint colours must be provided by client.
- All work areas will be fully protected and vacuumed each evening.
- All glass and work areas will be cleaned on completion.
- All rubbish will be removed from site on completion.