For some customers, keeping the traditional look and feel of the property is of paramount importance. For this reason we offer our Draught Proofing service – this allows you to keep your property looking the same while achieving a high level of heat insulation / noise exclusion on your sash windows or doors.
Full rundown of the door draught proofing service:
- Remove the door from the frame.
- Carry out any necessary repairs & fill all cracks with epoxy resin.
- Once resin is dry, sand woodwork.
- Prime all bare timber with Teknos micro-porous base primer.
- Router the bottom of the door to provide a channel for theAquatex A10 weatherseal (white).
- Groove out channel in frame and fit Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white).
- New and bare timber sections will be decorated with Teknos micro-porous standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White”. *Additional paint colours must be provided by client.
- Re-hang the door and ensure it moves freely within it’s opening.
- All ironmongery will be re-adjusted to accommodate the new draught proofing.
- All work areas will be fully protected and vacuumed each evening.