Casements and doors have a very similar installation process, if you’re interested in either of those products, here’s the rundown on our fully comprehensive service.
Full Rundown of the Casement & Door Replacement Service:
- Remove & dispose of existing window/door frames & sashes.
- Supply & fit new frames with double glazed window/door sashes – New frames & sashes will be manufactured from engineered, finger jointed laminated timber and be preservative & fungicide treated.
- New windows/doors will be supplied with polished chrome handles & multipoint locking systems. Additional hardware finishes available on request.
- Window/door frames & ashes will be spray primed with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous base primer and spray finished with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous aqua top coat – Standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White’. Wide range of alternative colours are available on request.
- Standard double glazed units will comprise of 4mm float glass, a 16mm cavity filled with 90% Argon gas/10% air, white warm edged thermal super spacers and 4mm Guardian ClimaGuard low emissivity glass. Other glazing options are available on request.
- Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white) will be fitted to all opening sections
- New architrave will be supplied & fitted (where applicable)
- New bull-nose sills or window boards will be supplied & fitted (where applicable).
- All surrounding interior plasterwork will be made good where necessary. Paintwork on surrounding interior walls will be touched up where plasterwork has been made good. *Wall paint must be supplied by client.
- New windows will be pointed on the exterior using the traditional sand & cement method. *Silicone sealant will only be used if requested by client.
- New window/door frames and sashes will be decorated with 1 extra coat of Teknos micro-porous top coat in-situ.
- All work areas will be fully protected and vacuumed each evening.
- All glass and work areas will be cleaned on completion.
- All rubbish will be removed from site on completion.