The Basic Sash Box Replacement service is designed for when you are working with other trades and don’t need us to do a fully comprehensive service. Essentially we do a slimmed-down service in order to allow other contractors to complete the making good of the plasterwork, the painting, the pointing, and any other services across the whole property. This allows your contractors to work without stepping on each others toes, keeping your building works as smooth, hassle free and low-cost as possible. The image to the right of the three images below shows what your window will look like after a basic fit, and the other two images show the basic fit progressing through the various stages. If you’re in any doubt as to what exactly we do and don’t do for this service, we’ve detailed everything below.
What we do for our ‘Basic Sash Box Replacement’ service:
- Supply & fit factory sprayed Engineered Timber products (2 x primer coats & 2 x top coats – RAL 9016).
- Supply & fit new hardware & security fittings.
- Wedge the window in place and fill the gaps with expanding foam.
- Cut back the wedges & foam.
- Touch up installation marks.
Unless specifically agreed, the following services will not be provided:
- Sand and cement pointing or temporary silicone seal (sand & cement usually costs around £80 for a standard window).
- Rubbish removal. Rubbish will be left at an agreed location on site. (this service can cost around £50 per unit for handling and rubbish removal).
- Hand painting,
- Architraves, Bullnose / Window boards.