What is a ‘basic sash box replacement’ service?
The basic sash box replacement service is designed for when you are working with other trades and don’t need us to do a fully comprehensive service. Essentially we do a slimmed-down service in order to allow other contractors to complete the making good of the plasterwork, the painting, the pointing, and any other services across the whole property.
What’s the point of having a slimmed down service?
Because our standard service is fully comprehensive and covers all aspects of installation. Occasionally, this clashes with other trades that a customer may have already employed. Essentially, the basic fit allows all your contractors to work without stepping on each others toes, keeping your building works as smooth, hassle free and low-cost as possible. This could save you thousands. If you’re in any doubt as to what exactly we do and don’t do for this service, we’ve detailed everything below. If you would prefer to talk to someone about this service, any of our staff would be happy to assist you between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm on weekdays. On average, a basic fit should cost around 30% less than a comprehensive fit.
What we do for our ‘basic sash box replacement’ service:
- Supply & fit factory sprayed Engineered Timber sash windows (2 x primer coats & 2 x top coats – RAL 9016).
- Window frames & sashes will be spray primed with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous base primer and spray finished with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous aqua top coat – Standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White’. Wide range of alternative colours are available on request.
- Standard double glazed units will comprise of 4mm float glass, a 16mm cavity filled with 90% Argon gas/10% air, white warm edged thermal super spacers and 4mm Guardian ClimaGuard low emissivity glass. Other glazing options are available on request.
- Supply & fit new hardware, weights & security fittings.
- Wedge the window in place and fill the gaps with expanding foam.
- Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white) will be fitted to all opening sections.
- Insurance backed guarantee & FENSA certificate
Unless specifically agreed, the following services will not be provided on a basic fit:
- Sand and cement pointing or temporary silicone seal.
- Rubbish removal. Rubbish will be left at an agreed location on site.
- Hand painting.
- Architraves, Bullnose / Window boards.
As detailed above, certain services are only provided at your specific request. We are always happy to tailor our service to your needs, so just be sure to speak with your surveyor about what it is you need. We know that you may not fully understand what each of these services are. That’s why our staff are always available to help with any questions you might have.