We’ve often found that our customers like to time their window replacements to coincide with other works to minimise disruption. Occasionally, we’d even find that the customer had unknowingly contracted multiple people to do the same work! For this reason, we created a ‘Basic Fitting’ service, whereby we do the absolute minimum level of service in order to allow other contractors to complete the making good of the plasterwork, the painting, the pointing, and any other services across the whole property. This allows your contractors to work without stepping on each others toes, keeping your building works as smooth, hassle free and low-cost as possible.
What we do for our ‘Basic Fit’ service:
- Supply & fit factory sprayed Engineered Timber products (2 x primer coats & 2 x top coats – RAL 9016).
- Supply & fit new hardware & security fittings.
- Wedge the window in place and fill the gaps with expanding foam.
- Cut back the wedges & foam.
- Touch up installation marks.
Unless specifically agreed, the following services will not be provided:
- Sand and cement pointing or temporary silicone seal (sand & cement usually costs around £80 for a standard window).
- Rubbish removal. Rubbish will be left at an agreed location on site. (this service can cost around £50 per unit for handling and rubbish removal).
- Hand painting,
- Architraves, Bullnose / Window boards.