We’ve often found that our customers like to time their door replacements to coincide with other works to minimise disruption. Occasionally, we’d even find that the customer had unknowingly contracted multiple people to do the same work! For this reason, we created a ‘Basic Fitting’ service, whereby we do the absolute minimum level of service in order to allow other contractors to complete the making good of the plasterwork, the painting, the pointing, and any other services across the whole property. This allows your contractors to work without stepping on each others toes, keeping your building works as smooth and hassle free as possible.
- Remove existing door frames & sashes.
- Supply & fit new frames with door sashes – New frames & sashes will be manufactured from engineered, finger jointed laminated timber and be preservative & fungicide treated.
- New doors will be supplied with polished chrome handles & multipoint locking systems. Additional hardware finishes available on request.
- Door frames & ashes will be spray primed with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous base primer and spray finished with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous aqua top coat – Standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White’. Wide range of alternative colours are available on request.
- Standard double glazed units will comprise of 4mm float glass, a 16mm cavity filled with 90% Argon gas/10% air, white warm edged thermal super spacers and 4mm Guardian ClimaGuard low emissivity glass. Other glazing options are available on request.
- Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white) will be fitted to all opening sections.
Unless specifically agreed, the following services will not be provided:
- Sand and cement pointing or temporary silicone seal (sand & cement usually costs around £80 for a standard window).
- Rubbish removal. Rubbish will be left at an agreed location on site. (this service can cost around £50 per unit for handling and rubbish removal).
- Hand painting,
- Architraves, Bullnose / Window boards.