What is a ‘basic door replacement’ service?
We’ve often found that our customers like to time their door replacements to coincide with other works to minimise disruption. Occasionally, we’d even find that the customer had unknowingly contracted multiple people to do the same work! For this reason, we created a basic door replacement service, whereby we do the absolute minimum level of service in order to allow other contractors to complete the making good of the plasterwork, the painting, the pointing, and any other services across the whole property. This allows your contractors to work without stepping on each others toes, keeping your building works as smooth and hassle free as possible.
What’s the point of having a slimmed down service?
If a customer has other work going on in the property, services provided by different trades can sometimes overlap. We like to be flexible with our services so we can offer our customers the best possible service for their situation. This allows all your contractors to work without stepping on each others toes, keeping your building works as smooth and hassle free as possible. This will save you money – up to 30% on a comprehensive fit.
Our basic door replacement service is as follows:
- Remove existing door frames & sashes.
- Supply & fit new frames with door sashes – New frames & sashes will be manufactured from engineered, finger jointed laminated timber and be preservative & fungicide treated.
- New doors will be supplied with polished chrome handles & multipoint locking systems. Additional hardware finishes available on request.
- Door frames & ashes will be spray primed with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous base primer and spray finished with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous aqua top coat – Standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White’. Wide range of alternative colours are available on request.
- Standard double glazed units will comprise of 4mm float glass, a 16mm cavity filled with 90% Argon gas/10% air, white warm edged thermal super spacers and 4mm Guardian ClimaGuard low emissivity glass. Other glazing options are available on request.
- Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white) will be fitted to all opening sections.
- Insurance backed guarantee & FENSA certificate
Unless specifically agreed, the following services will not be provided on a basic fit:
- Sand and cement pointing or temporary silicone seal.
- Rubbish removal. Rubbish will be left at an agreed location on site.
- Hand painting.
- Architraves, Timber Wraps / Window boards.
As detailed above, certain services are only provided at your specific request. We are always happy to tailor our service to your needs, so just be sure to speak with your surveyor about what it is you need. We know that you may not fully understand what each of these services are. That’s why our staff are always available to help with any questions you might have.