What is a basic casement replacement service?
We’ve often found that our customers like to time their window replacements to coincide with other works to minimise disruption. Occasionally, we’d even find that the customer had contracted multiple people to do the same task, like plastering for example. For this reason, we created a basic casement replacement service, whereby we offer a much more slimmed down service.
What’s the point of having a slimmed down service?
Because occasionally there’s other work going on in the property, and services provided by different trades can overlap. It’s therefore quite important that we be flexible with the service we offer so we can make the process as smooth as possible. This will save you a lot of money – up to 30% on our comprehensive fit. This allows all your contractors to work without stepping on each others toes, keeping your building works as smooth and hassle free as possible.
Our basic casement replacement service is as follows:
- Remove existing aluminium or timber casement windows.
- Supply & fit new frames with double glazed windows – New frames will be manufactured from engineered, finger jointed laminated timber and be preservative & fungicide treated.
- Casement windows will be spray primed with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous base primer and spray finished with 2 coats of Teknos micro-porous aqua top coat – Standard RAL colour 9016 ‘Traffic White’. Wide range of alternative colours are available on request.
- Standard double glazed units will comprise of 4mm float glass, a 16mm cavity filled with 90% Argon gas/10% air, white warm edged thermal super spacers and 4mm Guardian ClimaGuard low emissivity glass. Other glazing options are available on request.
- New casement windows will be supplied with polished chrome handles & multipoint locking systems. Additional hardware finishes available on request.
- Aquatex A10 weatherseal (white) will be fitted to all opening sections.
- Insurance backed guarantee & FENSA certificate
Unless specifically agreed, the following services will not be provided on a basic fit:
- Sand and cement pointing or temporary silicone seal.
- Rubbish removal. Rubbish will be left at an agreed location on site.
- Hand painting.
- Architraves, Bullnose / Window boards.
As detailed above, certain services are only provided at your specific request. We are always happy to tailor our service to your needs, so just be sure to speak with your surveyor about what it is you need. We know that you may not fully understand what each of these services are. That’s why our staff are always available to help with any questions you might have. In additional to our hinged casement windows, we can offer traditional London sash windows.